Research increasingly shows that the first years of a child’s life are critical to shaping their future health and development. We believe the small changes we make can have a big impact on the children in our care.
- We use non-toxic, biodegradable cleaning products and less-toxic disinfecting products.
- (Most disinfectants and antibacterial products are overkill, made with chemicals that not only kill the bad germs, but the good ones too.)
- We use filtered water to thoroughly wash all fruits & vegetables, avoid possible exposure to pesticides.
- We use low-VOC (volatile organic compounds) paints and do not paint when children are present.
- We avoid conditions that lead to excess moisture, because moisture contributes to the growth of mold and mildew.
- We do not permit smoking anywhere on the premises or in sight of children.
- We use air purifier in every room inside the facility.
Furniture & Carpets
- Furniture is made of solid wood or low-VOC products.
- We do not have wall-to-wall carpeting
- Area rugs are vacuumed and cleaned regularly with biodegradable cleaners
Children’s Toys & Stationaries
- We recycle all paper, glass, aluminum and plastic bottles
- We use non-toxic art supplies.
- We never heat children’s food in plastic container